International Centre for Translators and Writers (ICTW) is offering an inspirational residency spot for translators and writers from Nordic and Baltic countries in Nida.
Nida is one of the most beautiful resorts in Lithuania. It is situated on the Curonian Spit. The Curonian Spit is a unique peninsula of sand dunes – an exceptional creation of man and nature that was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as a cultural landscape site. The ICTW is located 1,600 meters away from the Baltic Sea and 500 meters away from the Curonian Lagoon.
Creators residing at the ICTW are offered accommodation in one of the two houses: the Fisherman’s House, an old house included in the list of cultural heritage objects, or the new German-style House. The houses have rooms with all amenities, internet connection and computers. The Fisherman’s House has a room for common use adapted for group activities and cooking.
Period of residence:
2 months (60 days) in spring choosing a period from 4th of March to 7th of May, 2023.
Amount of grant:
A fixed budget of 3480 € per stay is granted to the resident for travel, material, transport and accommodation costs.
Application submission and deadlines – grant application can be submitted by a creator of full age living in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Åland, Estonia, and Latvia. Free-form application (up to 2 pages) has to be signed by the applicant. It would be appreciated if the applicant could indicate the dates of residence at the International Center for Translators and Writers.
Applications can be submitted until 12th February (Sunday) 12 AM (GMT+2), using the following title: “Application form for international grant” by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV and description of the creative activity (max. 2 A4 pages);
- Portfolio or sample of work, or publications (selection of 3–5 relevant projects);
- Description of creative program which is planned to fulfill, its concept or plan (max. 2 A4 pages);
- Application has to be in English;
- Documents should be submitted in PDF format, in a single file.
Application form evaluation – applications will be evaluated by the experts panel.
Selection criteria – open call for grant is open for everyone, despite education and current activities.
- cultural activities and creative program artistic value;
- cultural activities relevance, idea expedience;
- cultural activities program continuity and results, dissemination;
- past cultural activities artistic and cultural value;
- past cultural activities dissemination.
Klaipėda County Ieva Simonaitytė Public Library “Artist Residencies” tender for grant regulations
Contract template for writers/translators, residing at International Centre for Translators and Writers
Founder of the grant – The scholarship is funded by Nordic Culture Point.
Person responsible for administering the applications:
Phone: +370 687 53175, email: email@example.com